Terms and Conditions
University of the West of England Art Shop’s Online Store
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website.
- legal rights and responsibilities
- legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the University of the West of England, Bristol, a Higher Education Corporation whose administrative office is at Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol, BS16 1QY; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our website to buy goods from
- “website” means the Art Shop Online Store.
2. Information we give you
By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that must give certain key information before a legally binding contract between and is made.
- This key information can be found listed on the webpage for each individual item available for purchase through our website.
- You can also find the key information in the order confirmation/order acceptance email that will be sent to you further to your order being accepted by us.
- The key information we give by law forms part of this contract as though it is set out in full here.
3. The contract between us
- If you buy goods on website, agree to be legally bound by this contract. Below, set out how a legally binding contract between and is made.
- You place an order on the website by clicking on add to basket, logging into your UWE Online Store account and then moving to check out and paying for the items in the basket. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. If you need to correct any errors you can do so before proceeding to checkout.
We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
(a) the goods are unavailable
(b) We cannot authorise your payment
(c) you are not allowed to buy the goods from us
(d) we are not allowed to sell the goods to you
(e) you have ordered too many goods; or
(f) there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods
4. We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted/confirmed. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
5. You may only buy goods from our website as a registered user for non-business/academic reasons.
When buying any goods also agree to be legally bound by:
- our website terms and conditions
- extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract: and
- specific terms which apply to certain goods. If you want to see these specific terms, please visit the relevant webpage for the goods at any time during the online checkout process/which will be provided to you as a schedule to this contract.
All these documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
- Unless otherwise stated, the price for any goods sold through the website will be the price as displayed on the website at the time of purchase.
- Should Value Added Tax be payable, the price will clearly state that Value Added Tax is included in the price.
- Any price for goods as quoted on the website is subject to the addition of all costs or charges in relation to packing, postage or carriage as applicable.
5. Right for you to cancel your contract
You may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the fourteenth working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
To exercise the right to cancel, must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To [our name, geographical address and, where available, fax number and email address]:
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*].
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
- If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract, then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk without undue delay and in any event, not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk before the period of 14 days has expired.
- If cancel this contract, will reimburse to all payments received from , including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by ) PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:14 days after the day received back from any goods supplied; or
- 14 days after the day provide evidence that have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which are informed about decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
6. Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- we do not deliver to your area; or
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will credit any sum deducted by us from your credit card/debit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
7. Delivery of goods to you
1. The Art Shop online store will use the best of its endeavours to fulfil and deliver your order by the on or before the delivery date after your order is accepted/confirmed and in any event within 30 days of your order unless a longer time period has been agreed. If due to exceptional circumstances the Art Shop online store is unable to fulfil your order within 30 days of the order acceptance/order confirmation, the Art Shop online store will email or contact you to let you know and arrange an alternate delivery/deliver by date.
2. We are only able to deliver to University campus sites of Frenchay (S Block Reception), Arnolfini , Spike Island or to be collected after payment from the Art Shop at the Bower Ashton Campus. The delivery location will be confirmed in the order acceptance/confirmation email we send you further to your payment and our acceptance of your order.
3. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
1. We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
2. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, except for the following. W are not legally responsible for:
3. losses that:
(a) were not foreseeable to and when the contract was formed; or
(b)that were not caused by any breach on part;
4. business losses; and losses to non-consumers.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at The Art Shop, Bower Ashton Campus, Kennel Lodge Road, Bower Ashton, Bristol BS3 2JT and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- the goods
- our service to you; or
- any other matter; please contact us as soon as possible.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
13. Third party rights
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the United Kingdom Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
14. Governing law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
15. Entire agreement